How to Get the Most Out of the 21 Day Reflection Retreat
I put together these tips to help you get the most out of the retreat. Refer to them as many times as needed.
1. Commit to the full challenge.
2. Pick a time of day that works best for you (before your day starts, tends to be best).
3. Block out 10-15 minutes to do the exercises.
4. Get in a quiet space without distractions.
5. Sit comfortably, with your spine erect, either in chair or cross-legged on a cushion.
6. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Notice the sensations associated with sitting–feelings of pressure, warmth, tingling, vibration, etc. Allow yourself to disconnect from the external world and relax into your surroundings. Let go of any negativity or judgement.
7. Open your eyes and read the reflection. Don’t rush through the words, drop into your heart and feel them. Put all your attention on the reflection for the duration you are reading it.
If a thought pops in your head, don’t fight it, let it pass through you. Take a few slow deep breaths and bring your attention back to the reflection. If another thought pops in, do the same.
8. Become aware of how you are feeling as you read through the reflection. You may notice you feel empowered, or some sadness may come up. Don’t judge your feelings. Notice them and allow them to pass through you.
The goal here is to integrate what you’re reading into your consciousness–to make it a part of you. That’s why all reflections should be stated in the first person, beginning with “I.”
Sometimes I find this works best by reading out loud. There’s something about seeing the words and hearing myself say them that helps integrate them.
9. After reading the reflection, sit still for a few deep breaths and then move on to the reflective questions at the bottom of the exercise.
10. Read each question and without judgement reflect on the answers that come up for you.
11. Write down any insights/aha moments you have. Be sure to stop by the GTZ
12. Let me know if there is anything I can do to make your experience better.
To further connect to your inner you, I encourage you to take advantage of the supplemental 21Day Reflection Retreat Meditation and Music Library, where you can
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.