How to Forgive Yourself and Others
How to forgive yourself and others: Forgiveness is a really big one for me. First, it is essential for happiness. However, while we often say the words “I forgive you” or “let’s forget and move on,” deep within our hearts we are not really letting go of most of the anger and blame we feel against someone who wronged us. This can result in suffering that, for some, lasts a lifetime.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. At any point, you can free yourself with forgiveness and create a new reality, you just have to know how.
Several of these articles are part of a 7 part series on forgiveness–something many women are challenged by. I’ve written about forgiveness several times on the blog before, but felt the subjected needed to be further addressed. This subject couldn’t be more timely; especially, after seeing Oprah’s two hour event on Fatherless Sons. As a daughter with a mostly absent father, I empathized with them.
You may need to forgive for a variety of reasons. Maybe you need to forgive a parent you feel abandoned you, maybe you need to forgive a friend who betrayed you or maybe you need to forgive the harsh words you say to yourself.
In this series we’ll look at forgiveness from all sorts of angles and personal perspectives. You’ll learn what ”real” forgiveness is, how to forgive yourself without guilt, how to let go of those “bad” thoughts that just keep hanging around and how to spread peace and kindness to those who have hurt you.
- Finding Forgiveness When There is No Forgetting
- How to Forgive When the Person Who Needs Forgiveness is You
- How to Remove Blocked Energy and Open Your Pathway for Forgiveness
- Steps to Forgiving and Reopening Your Intuitive Channels to Greatness
- How to Let Go and Embrace Forgiveness
- How to Practice Loving Kindness Meditation (Metta), When All You Want to Do Is Knock Them Out
More on forgiveness:
- You are the Boss of You
- When You See Crazy Coming, Cross The Street
- A Guide to Keeping Bullies at Bay
- How to Accept Others When They Don’t Accept You
- Free Yourself with Forgiveness
- A Spiritual Lesson in Acceptance and Forgiveness
- 4 Ways to Gently Let Someone Know they Have Hurt You
- When Someone Doesn’t Want to Be Your Friend